Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Star-studded group “Band From TV” impresses me, a non-believer!

All of a sudden, I’ve been hearing a lot of buzz about the musical group “Band From TV”. When I first heard about this celebrity-stocked amalgam, I found the concept a little hard to believe. The roster alone seemed too star-studded to fathom. How many times have we seen actors attempting to bridge the gap between film and music? And how many times have they failed?

I looked up the album on amazon.com and the band picture popped up. I quickly recognized Hugh Laurie from tv’s HOUSE and was immediately intrigued. After all, he is already an accomplished piano player. James Denton from DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES and Greg Grunberg from HEROES were a couple of other easily recognizable faces, and as it turns out, the majority of the group were actually musicians prior to their success of their acting careers. Now I was curious. I gave their audio clips a listen and I must say I was quite impressed! The musicality and the vocals were awesome! Even the mix, for being live was extremely well-done. I even stumbled upon a short, acoustic session of theirs on Sirius radio and just wow! They sounded even better in a more intimate environment. This group, for all its glitz and glamour, does posses serious talent! From what I hear, the band is now expanding and I’m excited to hear how their sound progresses with these new additions. Check out their stuff and I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Check them out at their website : www.BandFromTV.org
-Joshua Tywater – Just a lover of music

No comments:

Post a Comment